Monday, May 9, 2011

A few letters

It's been a pretty crazy few days. I enjoyed staying at my friend Lesly's house for this last week. I went to his graduation ceremony on Friday and on Saturday I went to a graduation party. I'm so proud of my friends graduating and moving on to bigger things. I'm so glad to have these people in my life. I also attended a dinner for the scholarship students that sing at First United Methodist Church of Winter Park. These wonderful people invited us into their home and made an exquisite meal of Steak, potatoes, salad, and some homemade apple pie...delish! I'm glad I will be around this next year because I feel so blessed to sing with these people.

I finally got to my parents house in the early afternoon on Mother's Day. We went out to dinner and then celebrated my sister's and her mother-in-law's birthdays. Since I have not been home all week, I had three letters for me from Keith. Mostly everything that was written in them I knew about since we were able to talk on the phone most of his first week. He also sent an anniversary card which was so cute. I missed his call yesterday though. He left me a voicemail with his address and I accidentally deleted it. I'm such an idiot. I guess I will have to wait until I can speak to him again.

Between yesterday and today, I have done so much cleaning and organzing. My parents are not the most healthiest people and it seems they never have the energy to clean. Well since I have moved out almost 6 years ago, my mother filled my room with furniture that was left to her when my grandmother died. Also, some of my childhood things were never given away. Last night took me about 3 hours, but I went through and tried to clean and organize. Also, did I mention that I'm sharing a closet and some room space with my parents friend who has been staying at the house. Aye that has also been a challenge. When I moved everything in my room, I just threw my stuff anywhere until I could sort out everything. Well here is the before and after:





Today, one of biggest problems of clutter in my parents house is the garage/storage room. For years this room has built up with clutter from crap for yard sales and my mother's jewelry business.




My brother and I finished this in 8 hours. Don't mind the baking soda on the carpet.


I will be uploading Keith's letters momentarily.

No comments:

Post a Comment