Saturday, May 21, 2011

Waiting

It's been quite a few days since my last post. I have received 2 more letters from Keith this week. It's been almost 3 weeks since I have had a phone call from him. That's to be expected especially that I was sent a general letter from his commander stating "expect only 2 phone calls that will last 5-10 minutes in these 10 weeks." Great...I actually missed Keith's phone call on Mother's Day. I could kick myself. In his last letter, he asked me to send him a care package of toilet paper and a combination lock. I sent him those things, plus a magazine and cards signed by my family. Earlier this week I was pretty depressed about him not being here, but I just kept my mind busy so I just don't think about it. I miss my husband so much.

This last week I have been working in my sister's salon to help her out. I make a little income so I have some spending money while Keith is away. We received his first paycheck which was a nice surprise. Luckily it arrived when it did because I just sold my car two days ago. Well the day I sold it, Keith's car decides not to start. The battery was dead and the contact with the starter was acting up...go figure.

This upcoming week I will be going to Universal with some of my closest friends. Since she works there, we can stay at the Portofino for a very cheap price. I will post pics in my next post.

Keith notified me that there is a facebook page called Alpha 2-47. It's great because the army takes pictures of all of the soldiers in boot camp. I have found a few pictures of Keith. There are some pics that I think might be him, but these guys all look the same.

Marching to Basic


Keith is the 2nd to last person in the line.

Climbing over the wall on the obstacle course.



He's the third person on the left with his head down.

Gigantic monkey bars.

As soon as more pictures are posted on facebook, I will post them on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment